David Cook is co-author of the recognized three volume treatise “New York Law of Torts.” David has focused on litigation for over 35 years, with particular attention to major transportation accidents, including aviation disasters, railroad disasters, major bus accidents and motor vehicle accidents. His practice also includes multidistrict litigation, products liability, medical malpractice, job site and construction accidents, property and fire damage as well as flood insurance litigation resulting in wrongful death and life altering injuries.
We take a hands-on approach in aggressively representing each of our clients, recognizing that each case is the most important in each of their respective lives.
David’s exemplar cases include:
- 2018 – High seven figure wrongful death recovery in a transportation accident
- 2017 – High seven figure recovery in Federal court for traumatic brain injury case
- 2011 – Wrongful death of a construction worker resulting from the 2008 collapse of a Manhattan highrise superstructure
- 2009 – Seven figure recovery for medical malpractice resulting in loss of limbs by a college student
- 2005-2006 – Record-setting eight figure verdict in New York State for a young man paralyzed as a result of being struck by a Budget rental car under New York’s prior vicarious liability laws
- 2002 – Derailment of Amtrak Auto Train P052-18 near Crescent City, Florida
- 1998 – Raytheon Beech Model 200 aircraft crash carrying United Nations envoys near Abidjan, The Ivory Coast, Africa
- 1990-1996 – Counsel to multiple plaintiffs in the successful wrongful death litigations and catastrophic injuries due to product liability of General Motors in the design and production of its “X Car”
- Plaintiffs’ cases arising from the Son of Sam tragedy
David's cases span the globe. He has a decades-long history of success litigating and settling numerous high-profile cases, many with multi-million dollar results.
David has served in many industry organizations, including Vice-Chair of the ABA Tort and Insurance Practice Section’s Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, member of the NewYork State Bar Association’s Executive Committee for Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law and Chairman of its Fire and Property Insurance Section. He has been a member of the New York County Lawyers Association, American Bar Association and the American Association of Justice.
David is admitted to the Bar of the State of New York as well as in many state and federal courts, including New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Florida, Illinois, Utah, Georgia, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
Noted for his accomplishments, David is also recognized by his peers and is regularly named one of New York’s Top Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, The National Million Dollar Advocates Forum, America’s Registry of Outstanding Professionals, New York Times Best Lawyers in New York and Strathmore’s Who’s Who.