Never Forget the Heroes: James Zadroga, Ray Pfeifer, and Luis Alvarez Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act
Bill signed into law on July 29, 2019 by President Donald Trump and provides funding through FY2092 for the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund of 2001.
The bill also modified the 9/11 VCF to:
- Allow claims to be filed until October 2090
- Require VCF policies and procedures to be reassessed at least once every five years (currently, at least once annually)
- Rrequire claimants to be paid for the amount by which a claim was reduced on the basis of insufficient funding
- Remove the cap on noneconomic damages in certain circumstances
- Periodically adjust the annual limit on economic loss compensation for inflation